I am sitting in Norway where its cold, dark and far away from my usual American Thanksgiving, yet I am very thankful. There are many things that I could complain about, but that is easy and not very encouraging to anyone. Today on this American Thanksgiving lets commit to be thankful regardless of our circumstances. God knows our needs and he, our heavenly father and provider will meet them.
Here are a few things that have marked my life over the past year:
- The great community we were a part of with YWAM Kona
- My family who brought countless times of laughter and joy
- The early mornings that I was able to sit, drink good coffee, read, pray and reflect
- The respect the corners Cross fit box in Kona
- Friends who asked me the hard questions
- A health marriage
- Seeing my children smile
- Opportunities to teach, lead mission trips and facilitate times of learning
- Coming to Norway to be apart of the Justice DTS
- My iPhone 4S (old but keeps on going)
- Refugees being received and welcomed
- The scholarship I received for pursuing my masters degree
- The thanksgiving meal I am going to eat on Saturday.
There are so many things to be thankful for. There are also many things to complain about (legitimate complaints for sure). Today though, lets live in a place of thanksgiving, hope and life.